It rained. A lot. Much food was consumed.
We drove to Brooklyn to visit with Jen and her family.
45 minutes from my door to hers with no traffic.
Easy like a Sunday morning.
"Mom, let me do it. Your arms are too short and you take forever!"
said the girl right before this shot was taken.
Exiting the Lincoln Tunnel, we get one last glimpse of the city.
Later that day we went for a hike and stumbled upon this cute,
tied up swing. I can totally envision a photo shoot happening here.
A few bullet point truths from the weekend?
* The Olympic Games are all consuming. I can't look away!
* I needed something to replace my cooking / eating / ass is growing bigger by the day hobby. I started kickboxing classes two weeks ago. It totally rids the toxins and anxiety right out of me.
* When I show up to the page and words fail me, it's ok to let the photos tell the story - or - I can simply walk away.
* My mister gives good foot massages.
* I did not foresee feeling this light and happy again for some time. I do still have my moments, but a lot of the heaviness has lifted.